Comments? Yes, please! See the bottom of the post.
- So much for the soft launch!
- Sincere thanks to @jkirklan, @RedHatNews, and @RedHatJobs for the motivation and encouragement!
- New Professionalism: http://dgshow.org.
- Masochists can download the Intercall hold music. Hate it? Comment below with proposed alternatives!
- EnterpriseDB hit us up on the twitters: “In other words, that $197 million in Oracle database spent with EnterpriseDB, the leading Postgres Database Company, would have cost less than $40 million. That’s a difference of $158 million, or enough to pay the average cost of a furlough day for 527,000 federal employees!”
- UEFI Secure Boot Apocalypse
- Ben Balter joins Github: Presidential Innovation Fellow and “the baddest of the badass innovators.”1 joins the distributed version control revolution.
- OpenJDK announcement
- Red Hat Storage and Hadoop
- “New tools help bring Hadoop into the enterprise“
- Dave’s OpenShift Enterprise training experience this week
- NSA SELinux. We need an oil painting of Dan Walsh crying.
- Dave Remembers the Milk. Gunnar does, too. Another sponsorship opportunity?
This week’s icon is what Gunnar was staring at from the parking lot in Houston.
per U.S. Chief Technology Officer Todd Park ↩