Comments? Yes, please! See the bottom of the post.
- So much for the soft launch!
- Sincere thanks to @jkirklan, @RedHatNews, and @RedHatJobs for the motivation and encouragement!
- New Professionalism: http://dgshow.org.
- Masochists can download the Intercall hold music. Hate it? Comment below with proposed alternatives!
- EnterpriseDB hit us up on the twitters: “In other words, that $197 million in Oracle database spent with EnterpriseDB, the leading Postgres Database Company, would have cost less than $40 million. That’s a difference of $158 million, or enough to pay the average cost of a furlough day for 527,000 federal employees!”
- UEFI Secure Boot Apocalypse
- Ben Balter joins Github: Presidential Innovation Fellow and “the baddest of the badass innovators.”1 joins the distributed version control revolution.
- OpenJDK announcement
- Red Hat Storage and Hadoop
- “New tools help bring Hadoop into the enterprise“
- Dave’s OpenShift Enterprise training experience this week
- NSA SELinux. We need an oil painting of Dan Walsh crying.
- Dave Remembers the Milk. Gunnar does, too. Another sponsorship opportunity?
This week’s icon is what Gunnar was staring at from the parking lot in Houston.
- per U.S. Chief Technology Officer Todd Park ↩