This week, it’s Dave and Gunnar on Google Spring Apocalypse, UK Digital Policy, Rasberry Pi, how the operating system is dead (again), Code for America, Blue Button, Stalkers, and Gunnar’s own personal Grand Theft Auto.
This week’s photo is of Dave’s traveling mic rig. He’s all about cutting opex.
Share your own Grand Theft Auto adventure in the comments below!
- Google’s Spring Cleaning includes CalDAV and commentary by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
- US vulnerability database offline after hack
- UK Digital Policy: open source everywhere
- Happy belated birthday to Raspberry Pi
- Death of the operating system
- Best comment: “Are we going to allow application programmers to start making direct calls to the hardware? If so, then kill me now. Use a spoon if you have to, it will be more merciful.”
- Come work for us!
- Shameless cross promotion: Cloud Evangelist podcast guest appearance
- Red Hat Summit 2013 sessions are now published!
- OpenShift Code For America Sponsorship
- Dave almost ran over a turkey riding his motorcycle through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Summit County, OH
- Blue Button
- Word of the day: idempotence
Special thanks this week to Sascha, Nathan, and Michelle, who gave Gunnar a hand while his car was being unstuck.