This week Dave and Gunnar talk about: Shared Services Implementation Plan, MariaDB, BitTorrent, ownCloud, and a noodle-making robot.
- AMD brought 64-bit to x86 10 years ago
- OSS mentioned in CIO Council Shared Services Implementation Plan
- MariaDB getting all the press
- BitTorrent Sync Keeps Your Files In Sync, Skips the Insecure Cloud
- Crypto Cloud Skewers Itself With Defamation Claim
- Gunnar bait: “Like most technology companies, we don’t disclose technology details that we feel are relevant to source code,” the spokesperson wrote.
- The Streisand Effect
- ownCloud on OpenShift
- Gunnar in Charleston on May 1st, talking about IT Manufacturing and PaaS.
- Related: Automate your noodlemaking
- JBoss AS is now Wildfly
- All FIPS’ed up: Red Hat Completes FIPS 140-2 Certifications
- R on OpenShift
- Blogs we like
- “Hot”: SCAP security audits integrated with your installer
- Dan Risacher, his blog, and the memo heard round the world
- Listen to podcasts and conference calls in half the time with Beyond Pod and Presto
Cutting Room Floor
- Congratulations to the UK: Smug Red Hat buoyed by UK gov’s open-source three-line-whip
- OpenStreetMap’s Growing Use in Government
- 10 Years of Red Hat video comparison
We Give Thanks
- Pam Chestek for reminding us to get more sunshine
- Isaac Christoffersen for ownCloud on OpenShift — don’t forget to see him present this at the 2013 Red Hat Summit!
- Adam Clater for the robot noodle maker article
- Erich Morisse for R on OpenShift